SCT'61
Trams

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

Leeds 133, a Chamberlain still on E.M.B. Pivotal trucks and with an English Electric 46/26 body is seen on the Lowfields Road siding which was installed in 1925 to house the football special trams to Elland Road.
More trams are to the left with the edge of one just in the picture. The siding could hold seventy-two trams. 133, new in March 1927, was withdrawn on 3rd April 1954.

Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 31 January 1953, Lowfields Road, Leeds

©1953-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Leeds City Transport ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: ld133. Page and photo added July 2016
Cookie policy