Photo © David Beilby. Please do not re-post without permission.
The next delivery to Bedwas and Machen UDC after 1952 was in 1956 when 9, PWO783 arrived. This was an AEC Regent V MD3RV with unusual Longwell Green bodywork which started off as L27/28R, then gained two more seats upstairs, then two more to end up as L31/28R.
This features larger destination blinds including one on the nearside and was the only bus in the fleet to have one there. It was delivered in blue with two cream bands (as seen on 8) but, as 8 also did, later featured cream window surrounds as shown here.
Photo from David Beilby collection, taken Bedwas Depot
Click here for David's photo gallery
©2013-2017 David Beilby All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.