WAO540, a Commer one and a half deck coach.
Seen in a scrapyard near Keswick in September 1964, this had no indication of ownership. The registration dates from July/August 1958, so seems likely to have been a re-registration - perhaps it had RAF origins and was registered when demobbed, though the chromium radiator grille looks distinctly non-military.
Photo taken by Trevor Leach, Sept 1964, near Keswick
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.