In March 1957 Lowland Motorways, Glasgow acquired both prototypes of what was later to become the Leyland Atlantean and STF90, Lowland 62, which was new in June 1954 is seen here with them.
The Saro body was H37/24R with the driver entering his cab via the saloon and with the turbocharged O/350 engine, mounted transversely on the rear platform, connected to a centrifugal clutch and a Wilson pre-selector gearbox.
The overall height was 13' 3" with both decks having full height centre gangways. Lowland were acquired by the Scottish Bus Group in January 1958 and STF90 was offered for sale and went to Lloyd, Nuneaton in July 1958 and then to Strowger, Manchester in November 1961. It was scrapped in 1963.
Photo taken by unknown from the late John Boylett collection, courtesy of John Kaye, 1957, Shettleston Road/McNair Street, Glasgow
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.