Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.
Believed to be the only surviving Ford BB bus, David Lawson 62, SN6524, was first licensed in January 1935. It carried a 14-seat body by James Martin of Kirkintilloch and was one of six BBs for Lawson in that year, three buses and three coaches. When Lawson’s were taken over by Alexander’s in 1938 it was allocated fleetnumber O21 but was soon withdrawn as it was considered non-standard.
It was sold to A MacConnacher of Ballachulish and then sold on to M Maclachlan & Sons of Tayvallich as an 18-seater. BY 1963, it had become a playbus at Tayvallich but was acquired for preservation in 1967. Shortly after that, it came into the ownership of Robert Mackie who, over the years, gradually restored it on a farm at Glenboig. Following Mr Mackie’s death, his family generously donated the bus to the SVBM and it arrived in March of this year. It is currently in 'as arrived' condition but it is planned to finish the restoration and to make it roadworthy.
Photo taken by Alan Hall, Saturday 15 August 2015, SVBM Lathalmond
©2015-2017 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.