Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
MLL747, seen at the Premier Travel garage in Haverhill, was an A.E.C. 9822E Regal IV with a Park Royal RDP37C body in the fleet of Continental Pioneer, Richmond. New in March 1953 to British European Airways as number 1059, it was one of a large fleet which had been used on services to London Airport and it passed to Continental Pioneer in January 1967.
It was being used by the Omnibus Touring Circle to visit various operators in the area on a day trip from central London. After withdrawal in May 1972 it passed to 20th Brighton Scout Troup, Brighton in 5/72; to 6th Hove Scout Troup, Portslade in 2/75 and was offered for sale in June 1978.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 5 September 1971, Haverhill
©1971-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.