Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.
Tyne Valley Coaches 8, LVA871 was an Albion FT39ALF with Duple C35F bodywork which had been ‘new’ in May 1955 to Hutchison’s of Overtown. It was one of four similar vehicles new to Hutchison’s in 1955 (LVA872, LVD 635 & LVD 891 being the others) and started life in February 1954 as an unregistered Albion demonstrator (chassis only) before being sold to Millburn Motors. Fitted with its Duple body, it was sold to Hutchison in May 1955.
In August 1958, it was sold to Norman Fox of Falstone, the operator of the rail-replacement service between Bellingham and Steele Road Station. From Norman Fox, it passed to Mid-Tyne Transport of Acomb in March 1965. In April 1967, Mid-Tyne metamorphosed into Tyne Valley Coaches with whom it remained until February 1971.
Photo taken by Alan Hall, 1969, Acomb Depot
©1969-2017 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.