Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Ironside, Toop & Davis (t/a Bere Regis & District), Dorchester LMG734, seen here in Poole, was a Leyland TS8 with a Plaxton C32F body which had been acquired in March 1946 from Valliant, London W.5.
It is stated in P.S.V. Circle publication B1150 that it had been new in 1937 as a Plaxtons (Scarborough) Ltd. demonstrator, registered CWN829, and then passed to Williams, Neath, who registered it as CWN829 in June 1938 (although this is now disputed - CWN was not first issued until December 1938).
After passing to the War Department in 1939 it passed, in October 1945, to Valliant, London W.5, who re-registered it.
Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye, Sunday 14 September 1958, Poole
©1958-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.