Photo © Alan N Walker. Please do not re-post without permission.
Moffat, Cleator Moor LAO889 was a bit of a celebrity by the 1970s - a Leyland Royal Tiger PSU1/15 with Plaxton Panorama C41F body of April 1963 on a recycled chassis new at the operator in June 1952. It originally carried a Burlingham C37C body.
In spite of immaculate condition, it passed to other local operators from April 1972, finishing with unknown fate at Yeowart of Whitehaven in May 1974. The location is probably the former Queens Arms Hotel which was used as depot, as only around two coaches were operated at one time.
Photo taken by Alan Walker, Sunday 10 January 1971, Cleator Moor Yard, Cumberland
©1971-2017 Alan N Walker All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.