A shot taken by John in the early 60's at Lees (Claribel) depot in Birmingham of KUY18, a Dennis Lancet with Gurney Nutting FC35F body, new in 1952 to Swanbrook, Staverton Gloucs .
According to the book on Swanbrook it went to Lees in 1/64, but John saw it earlier than that, so not sure about the date. It was freshly painted in turquoise blue and cream, so must have been near the time that Lees took it on.
The location is the small yard that Lees used at that time, off Lichfield Rd Aston (opposite the famous Ansells brewery) also used by Tyre House. The exact location is corner of Portland St / Wainwright Rd Aston.
Claribel are still alive and well in Brum
Photo taken by John Rentell, early 1960s, Lichfield Road, Aston
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.