SCT '61
Photo Gallery

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

KPR665, new to Herrison Hospital, Dorchester in May 1957, was an Austin 5K/CFE/3 with a Plaxton B40F body. It is seen here in the Seaway car park in Southend with a subsequent owner, Canvey Island Sea Anglers Club.
Prior to building this, Plaxton had, since the batch of thirteen Seddon Mark IVs buses in 1949, produced only four bus bodies, all on forward engined Commer Avenger chassis. Unlike those on the the later Highway body this version used polished metal strips between the windows as on the coach bodies current in 1957.

Photo from John Kaye collection, taken Sunday 17 September 1967, Seaway Car Park, Southend

©1967-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution

Photo ref: zzkpr665. Page and photo added August 2016
Cookie policy