Photo © John Whiteley. Please do not re-post without permission.
This photo was taken at Lochgilphead, and shows two coaches belonging to a local company called "Stag Coaches". The Maudslay Marathon III is GUS412, ex MacBrayne with a Park Royal C35F body, new in July 1949 and sold to Stag in October 1963.
Alongside is SB7337, a Morris-Commercial with a Wadham C27F body. It would have been new around July/August 1948 and was recorded with Stag Garage Ltd, Lochgilphead from 9/62 until 5/66. The business was taken over by MacDonald and MacLellan in 5/66 and it continued in use, as did GUS 412, until 10/66 when both were withdrawn.
Photo taken by John Whiteley, July 1964, Lochgilphead, Argyll
©1964-2017 John Whiteley All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.