Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
FV4548 is an A.E.C. 662 Regal with an English Electric body. New in March 1934, with a Beadle C32R body, to William Salisbury & Sons Ltd., Blackpool, it passed to Standerwick, Blackpool with the business, in July 1937, and was numbered 39.
It was requisitioned for use by the R.A.F. in June 1941 and was returned in March 1947 but was not used in service. It was converted to an engineering instruction vehicle DS1 for Ribble, Preston in July 1947 and was fitted, around December 1948, with the English Electric body from Standerwick 25, HG 2759, a Leyland TS6 Tiger acquired from Wright Bros. (Burnley) Ltd., Burnley in December 1935, which had been C31R. Withdrawn in February 1964, it was sold to Colin Shears, Exeter in May 1964, for preservation. In October 1970 it passed to the Welsh Historic Vehicle Trust, Swansea and was painted in the livery of Gower Vanguard, Swansea, reseated as C30R by September 1973, as seen in this shot at Winkleigh.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 7 October 1979, Winkleigh
©1979-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.