Photo © Mike Morant. Please do not re-post without permission.
Three buses in use by Vacuum Oil probably for transport to the oil refinery they were building in Coryton. On the left is ex-LT STL1801, DLU32, which was withdrawn from LT service in November 1950. In the middle is FNW724, an ex-Leeds AEC Regent from 1937. To the right is BBA555, a Leyland TD5 with MCCW H26/22R body, new to Salford in 1940 as their number 230 and withdrawn in 1951.
These were believed to be operated under contract by Victoria Coaches, Leigh-on-Sea. FNW724 was bought by them from the dealer North in October 1950 and lasted until October 1953.
Photo taken by the late Jack Wyse, courtesy of Mike Morant, 1951
©1951-2017 Mike Morant All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.