Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
A fine pair. On the left is ATF477, a Leyland Tiger TS7T with a 10-litre petrol engine and fitted with a Fowler C39F body, new to Singleton's of Leyland. On the right is DOD474, an AEC Regal 0662 with Weymann B35F body, new in 1940 to Devon General (SR474) and withdrawn in 1952.
Both were part of Colin Shears' West of England Transport Collection at Winkleigh when this photo was taken in 1974. Nowadays the most impressive Leyland is in the SVBM collection at Lathalmond, whilst the most attractive Regal is believed to be still in existence, but as yet unrestored.
Photo taken by John Stringer, early 1974, WETC, Winkleigh, Devon
©1974-2017 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.