Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Yorkshire Woollen District 293, 5878W, a Leyland Leopard L1 with Burlingham DP41F body, new to Sheffield JOC 'C' fleet (1178, later 3078) in 1960.
Following the dispersal of the Sheffield JOC 'C' fleet in 1970, two of these (5878/9 W) passed to YWD in the February. Twelve months later they passed to Halifax JOC, where they joined three more of the same batch that had initially been transferred to Hebble (5875-7 W). This one became HJOC's 308, passing to the newly created Calderdale JOC in the August. Withdrawn in 1972 it passed with the others to a dealer in the Irish Republic, from whom it went to Donnelly's Pioneer Bus Service of Granard, being withdrawn by 1978.
Though basically a standard Burlingham single deck design of the period, it has a touch of the Seagull about its front end.
Photo taken by John Stringer, early 1970, Longcauseway Bus Parking Ground, Dewsbury
©1970-2017 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.