Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
In 1937 Yorkshire Traction placed thirty Leyland TS7s in service with a mixture of B32F bodies by Roe (551-560, 565-574) and Eastern Coachworks (561-564) or with Burlingham C31F bodies (575-580). The Burlingham bodied ones originally had petrol engines and received Leyland 8.6 litre diesel engines and new Roberts B34F bodies to the B.E.T. Federation specification in 1947/8. HE7776, the last of the Burlingham bodied ones received its new body in March 1948 and was withdrawn in 1957.
After sale to Cowley (dealer), Salford in June 1957 it passed to Kacpac, Newcastle-on-Tyne for use as a non-P.S.V. and was last licensed in May 1959. It is seen here on the parking ground near Barnsley Bus Station.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 5 August 1956, near Barnsley Bus Station
©1956-2021 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.