Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.
York Pullman 96, EVY696L, was a 1972 Daimler CRG6LX with Roe H44/33F bodywork. It was withdrawn in 1985.
It is seen at the terminus of the York to Stamford Bridge via Dunnington service in Church Road; not far from here is the site of the battle in 1066 - the one that year which King Harold actually won! The former station building (now The Old Station Club) and level crossing can be seen behind the bus. The station was on the York-Market Weighton line and lost its passenger service in 1965 whilst Dunnington, on the Derwent Valley Light Railway, lost its passenger service in 1926 (apart from a brief and ultimately unsuccessful interlude between 1976 and 1979). In those days occasional journeys continued on three days a week to the village of Catton but, although today Dunnington and Stamford Bridge enjoy a more frequent FirstYork service which continues across the city and out to Nether Poppleton, Catton has lost its service altogether.
Photo taken by Alan Hall, c.1973, Church Road, Stamford Bridge
©1973-2017 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.