Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Berresford's, Cheddleton 8, JX7046, an AEC Regent 0661 with Park Royal H30/26R body, new to Halifax Corporation (80, renumbered 27 in 1952). It had passed to Berresford's in 1954 who continued to operate it in Halifax livery.
A start had been made to repaint it into their livery but only partly done it was withdrawn in 1955 and retained on the premises for spares. It remained there until 1973 when Tony Blackman acquired it in the hope of eventually being able to afford to restore it. However by 2017, having been towed from one storage location to several others over the years it is believed to still remain in a similar condition. Here it is seen being gingerly extricated from its resting place in Berresford's field by some of the Mersey & Calder Bus Preservation Group team.
Photo taken by John Stringer, March 1973, Berresford's Premises, near Cheddleton
©1973-2017 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.