Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Berresford's, Cheddleton HD8543, a Leyland/MCW Olympic HR44 with Weymann B42F body, new to Yorkshire W.D. (689) in 1951.
Withdrawn by YWD in 1965 it had passed via dealer Frank Cowley, Salford very briefly to Laverty, Neilston, then to Blunt, Mossley before being acquired by Berresford in 1968. It was withdrawn in 1969.
There are few YWD buses - and fewer Olympics - in preservation, so it's a pity that this did not survive, though they are notoriously difficult and expensive to restore, as those responsible for restoring the King Alfred example have found out.
Over to the left can be seen the the rear of former Bracewell's of Colne STC483 - an AEC Regal IV 9822S with Transun body.
Photo taken by John Stringer, March 1973, Berresford's Premises, near Cheddleton
©1973-2021 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.