Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Berresford's, Cheddleton 40, AJX369, an AEC Regent III 9612E with Park Royal H33/26R body, new to Halifax J.O.C. (243) in 1948, withdrawn in 1960, and acquired via the dealer A.M.C.C, London in 1961.
It was withdrawn by Berresford's in 1965 and remained derelict on the premises until acquired by members of the Mersey & Calder Bus Preservation Group, Halifax in 1974. It is currently owned by Tony Blackman, who also owns the more well known 7ft 6in wide version 277, 243 being 8ft wide. As far as is known it remains pretty much as it appears here.
Also seen here are a former Stockport Leyland-bodied PD2/1 a former Devon General AEC rebuild, and a Ford Thames Trader lorry.
Photo taken by John Stringer, August 1974, Berresford's Premises, near Cheddleton
©1974-2017 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.