Photo © West Yokshire Information Service Collection. Please do not re-post without permission.
MWY218 was a Bristol LS5G with ECW DP41F body, new in April 1954 to West Yorkshire Road Car Co, fleet number EUG7.
In December 1956 it was reseated at ECW to B45F and renumbered SUG 7, being further renumbered to SMG7 in March 1962. At the time of reseating it was also repainted, with more red than previously in the livery. It also had the fleetname placed in an unconventional position and this is probably the reason for the photograph. Note that it was still without any mechanical indicators at this time, though flashers were fitted later in its life.
Photo taken by West Yorkshire Road Car/WYIS Collection, c.Dec 1956, Grove Park Depot, Harrogate
©1956-2020 West Yokshire Information Service Collection All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.