Photo © West Yorkshire Information Service Collection. Please do not re-post without permission.
LWR433 was a Bristol LS5G with ECW DP41F body, new in March 1953 to West Yorkshire Road Car Co, numbered EUG3. In January 1957 it was reseated at ECW to B45F and renumbered SUG3, being further renumbered in March 1962 to SMG3.
In this view it is loading at a visibly new Grassington Bus Station and depot. The destination display is incorrect; we shall never know whether the bus was loading for a journey to Harrogate (via Pateley Bridge, service 28), to Buckden (service 71) or, in the other direction, Skipton (also service 71).
Allocated to Keighley at this time, but probably on loan to Skipton, it ended its service days at York on 30 November 1969 and was sold via Norths, Sherburn, to McCullough, contractor, Birtley, Co.Durham, who was still running it in 1973.
Photo taken by West Yorkshire Road Car/WYIS Collection, c.1957, Hebden Road, Grassington
©1957-2020 West Yorkshire Information Service Collection All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.