MWY617 was a Bristol LS6G with ECW C39F body, new to West Yorkshire Road Car Company in March 1954 as CUG11.
In January 1969 it was downgraded to "Express" and renumbered EUG92, receiving this quite attractive livery of cream with a red band at the same time (West Yorkshire's coach livery was cream with maroon window surrounds). Further change resulted in it receiving a Gardner 5HLW engine out of a dual purpose MW5G, becoming LS5G in consequence (though we should probably refer to it as an LS6G with a 5HLW engine).
Withdrawn in October 1969 it was sold to Norths, dealer, Sherburn in Elmet in September 1970 soon after this photo was taken. From there it went to West, contractor, Morley from November 1970 until December 1971.
Photo taken by Trevor Leach, September 1970, Taylor's Yard, off Myrtle Square, East Parade, Harrogate
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.