OWX176 was a Bristol Lodekka LD6B with ECW H33/27RD body, new as West Yorkshire Road Car Company DX32 in March 1956. It was withdrawn in September 1969, but was one of two LD type Lodekkas that were reprieved and converted into the first dedicated learner buses for West Yorkshire, despite having already been painted into "disposal livery" with green paint covering the cream bands.
This one became 4026 in July 1971 and survived until June 1978 when it was withdrawn and passed, via Norths (dealer), Sherburn in Elmet, for scrap.
OWX141 was a Bristol LS5G with ECW DP41F body, new in May 1955 as West Yorkshire Road Car Company EUG29. It was renumbered SUG29 in March 1959 on downgrading to a bus, though with no seating changes. Withdrawn in December 1969 it was not sold to Norths, dealer, Sherburn, until September 1971 and passed to a scrap dealer soon afterwards. Uniquely, at some point this has had the upper aluminium "bumper" across the front replaced with a piece of narrower beading, giving a strange appearance.
MWY116 was a Bristol Lodekka LD6B with ECW H33/27RD body, new as West Yorkshire Road Car Company DX7 in June 1954. Withdrawn in April 1970 it was sold to Norths (dealer), Sherburn, in September 1970, soon after this photo was taken, thence to PVS, dealer, Upminster and to Pegg, Caston, in March 1971. It ended its days with a scrap dealer in Attleborough, Norfolk, in August 1974.
Photo taken by Trevor Leach, September 1970, Behind West Yorkshire's Grove Park depot, Harrogate
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.