Photo © West Yorkshire Information Service Collection. Please do not re-post without permission.
MWY618 was a Bristol LS6G with ECW C39F body, new to West Yorkshire Road Car Co in March 1954 and numbered CUG12.
Although the coach is not visibly new, this photo was probably taken within its first year of service, when it was allocated to Harrogate, as it lacks any front fleet number, these being later applied to the side panel below the driver's signalling window, and the hinged trafficator is also visible behind the water filler.
It was transferred to Bradford on 1 May 1955 and did not return to Harrogate until 1 May 1960. Sadly, whilst later allocated to Keighley it was involved in a fatal accident on 16 April 1963 on the Barnet By-pass and was written off and dismantled for spares at Grove Park depot, Harrogate.
Photo taken by West Yorkshire Road Car/WYIS Collection, c.1954/55, Harrogate Stray
©1954-2019 West Yorkshire Information Service Collection All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.