Rally and Events Gallery
2009

Photo © Chris Hough. Please do not re-post without permission.

Many bus companies used to convert redundant buses into ancillary vehicles. Seen here is West Yorks Road Car recovery truck 4044, LWR424. Originally a 1953 lowbridge Bristol KSW6G numbered 858 it became DGW4 in 1954. It was converted to a tow truck in 1970.
The green livery was used for ancillary vehicles by West Yorkshire for many years. Indeed the cream relief on withdrawn vehicles was also painted green

Photo taken by Chris Hough, Sunday 19 July 2009, Elland Road, Leeds

©2009-2017 Chris Hough All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Grey Scale
West Yorkshire ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: wy858. Page and photo added July 2009
Cookie policy