SCT '61
Photo Gallery

Photo © West Yorkshire Information Service Collection. Please do not re-post without permission.

JWU890 was the second in a batch of six Bristol L6B/ECW FC31F coaches, new to West Yorkshire Road Car in 1950. Initially numbered 661, this entered service at Harrogate on 1 July 1950, quite late in the season, and only ran until the end of October when it was seasonally delicensed for the winter.
On relicensing in May of 1951 it was allocated to Keighley. In May 1954 it became CB 2 under the WY renumbering scheme, and was further renumbered on demotion, to EB12 in January 1959 and finally to SB12 in August 1960. In November 1959 it was repainted into red and cream, more befitting its status.
Withdrawn at the end of January 1963 it was sold direct to Dennis Higgs, breaker, Monk Bretton and broken up.

Photo taken by West Yorkshire Road Car/WYIS Collection, July - October 1950, Harrogate Stray

©1950-2019 West Yorkshire Information Service Collection All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
West Yorkshire ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: wy661. Page and photo added March 2019
Cookie policy