Photo © West Yorkshire Information Service Collection. Please do not re-post without permission.
HYG973 was the second of a pair of Morris Beadle chassisless buses new to West Yorkshire Road Car Co. in late 1949. It was numbered 619 and allocated to Harrogate depot.
Renumbered SM 2 in April 1954 it was withdrawn on 31 July 1956 and subsequently converted to a depot van, numbered 1024 and allocated to Harrogate depot.
This is probably one of the last photographs to be taken of this vehicle, after use by Norths (dealer, Sherburn) had ended and it was awaiting collection for scrap. It is interesting in showing the details behind the radiator grill. Further photographs of these depot van conversions appear here.
Photo taken by West Yorkshire Road Car/WYIS Collection, mid 1960s, Norths, Sherburn in Elmet
©1960-2020 West Yorkshire Information Service Collection All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.