Photo © Simon Dewey. Please do not re-post without permission.
Wolverhampton 653, FJW653, a Guy BT with Park Royal H28/26R body, new in 1950.
The penultimate Wolverhampton trolleybus, 653, stands at the Tettenhall terminus prior to returning to the town centre on service 1. Buses turned using a turning circle at the junction of Wergs Road and Wrottesley Road on the A41. 653 was one of six trolleybuses and one motor bus to receive 'Nottingham' livery in 1959 but it was not perpetuated, all new double deckers being delivered in all over standard green with a yellow tween decks band, first carried by number 19, the lovely Burlingham bodied Arab IV 1958 show exhibit.
Photo taken by Simon Dewey, circa 1961, Tettenhall A41 Wergs Road/Wrottesley Road
©1961-2018 Simon Dewey All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.