Photo © Stuart Little. Please do not re-post without permission.
Rothesay Garage (or Depot) was built in 1882 for the Rothesay Tramways at Pointhouse situated between Rothesay and Port Bannatyne on the Isle of Bute. The trams ceased in 1936 and the company ran buses until 1949 when it was absorbed into the main Western SMT fleet. This view inside shows the original pits with Leyland Leopard CAG448C/Alexander C49F (2033) on the left and three Bristol MW6G/Alexander C41F bodies built in 1959, one identified as 1496, MSD360, on the right which look like they have been resting in the garage for a while.
The garage is still in use by Stagecoach Western, surely a record for longevity!
Photo taken by Stuart Little, June 1976, Pointhouse, Isle of Bute
©1976-2018 Stuart Little All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.