Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.
Western National 1936, VDV753, is seen in Penzance whilst operating the open-top service between Newlyn Bridge and Marazion. It is a Bristol LDL6G which was delivered in December 1957 with ECW H37/33RD bodywork. It was coverted to open-top in May 1973 and named Sir Humphry Davy.
Having been loaned to Eastern Counties between June and September 1978, it was withdrawn in May 1979 and acquired by ECOC for whom it became OT2 and with whom it operated until May 1987. It was then acquired for preservation and since October 1999 has been in the fleet of Quantock Motor Services.
Sister vehicle 1935 was named Admiral Boscawen and, after a 1978 loan to East Yorkshire, was also acquired by ECOC in May 1979 as their OT1 and followed a similar path to Quantock Motor Services.
Photo taken by Alan Hall, mid 1970s, Penzance Bus Station
©1970-2017 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.