Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Merseyside PTE (Wirral Division) 203 & 205 (FHF453 & FHF455), Leyland Atlantean PDR1/1's with Metro-Cammell H44/33F bodies, new to Wallasey Corporation (as 3 & 5) in 1959.
After the formation of Merseyside PTE the Wirral Division, comprising the former municipalities of Birkenhead and Wallasey, adopted the livery shown on 203 above, being considered to be a merging of the two operators' liveries. 205 in the background still carries the former Wallasey livery. These were some of the first Atlanteans to enter service anywhere, Wallasey having put the very first production example (1, FHF 451) into service in 1958. In the background is Wallasey's famous 'Royal Iris' publicity vehicle, converted from PD1 127.
Photo taken by John Stringer, Sunday 2 August 1970, Wallasey Depot
©1970-2020 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.