SCT '61
Photo Gallery

Photo © Chris Hough. Please do not re-post without permission.

Wigan Corporation bought this Leyland Tiger TS4 in 1932 with locally built Santus bodywork. It was 81, EK8867, in the Wigan fleet.
The lights either side of the indicator were green and were there to enable the townsfolk of Wigan to distinguish one of "their" buses from others in the dark. It remained a feature on Wigan buses until the demise of the undertaking in 1974 when the PTE took over.

Photo taken by Chris Hough, 1995, Piece Hall, Halifax

©1995-2017 Chris Hough All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Grey Scale
Wigan Corporation ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: wg81. Page and photo added January 2010
Cookie policy