Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Alongside Moore, Saffron Walden (Viceroy) GCE413 are seen SO5191, UF7428 and, in the corner, UR7035.
GCE413 was a Bedford OB with a Thurgood C29F body withdrawn in April 1958 while SO5191 was an April 1935 Albion SpPW67 Valkyrie with a Cadogan -32- body acquired in 8/40, rebuilt by Thurgood to B35R and withdrawn in 10/55. It had been new to Elgin & District, passing to Alexander F83 in 11/35.
UF7428 was ex-Southdown 928 and was a Leyland TD1 with a Short H26/24R body acquired in July 1942 and withdrawn in November 1958. It is now preserved at Amberley.
UR7035 was a Leyland TD1 with a Leyland L24/24R body acquired in 11/38 and withdrawn in March 1953 (It had been L.P.T.B TD172).
Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye, Sunday 5 July 1959, Saffron Walden
©1959-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.