Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.
NHN100 was a Bristol L5G which had been new to United Auto in 1950 as their BLO500. It originally carried an ECW B35R body and was renumbered BG442 in the May 1951 scheme. Converted to B35F and equipped for OMO in January 1959, it was again renumbered in November 1964, becoming G442.
After withdrawal in 1965, it passed via a dealer in Bedlington to William Leech of Newcastle in September 1967. Mr Leech, a respected local builder and philanthropist, owned a total of 16 Bristol Ls over time, all but two being ex-United vehicles.
NHN100 is seen on The Sands at Durham bringing workers home from the Orchard Drive estate which was being built at the time.
Photo taken by Alan Hall, c.1969, The Sands, Durham
©1969-2017 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.