Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.
LHN823 is a Bristol L5G with ECW B35R body which was new to United in October 1949 as their BLO423; in the 1951 renumbering scheme, it became BG381 and it is this identity which it carries these days.
It was withdrawn by United in 1963 and later operated for Cussins, the respected Gosforth builder, and, later still, for Moore & Cartwright, builders of Norton-on-Tees, one of a sizeable number of Bristol Ls operated by them; by this time it was in quite a sorry state. Now owned by Chris Bulmer of North Stainley, t/a Vintage Omnibus Services, it is seen resting at Hawes whilst operating the 0940 service 127 from Ripon to Garsdale Station via Leyburn and Hawes; the board in the windscreen reads ‘GARSDALE STN 127’.
127 is the traditional route number for the United service between Ripon and Hawes/Gayle and is a nice nod to the past. The VOS service takes a different route between Ripon and Masham and, again, between Carperby and Hawes, and substitutes the extension to Garsdale for the run down to Gayle, but, by and large, follows the same route.
Photo taken by Alan Hall, Tuesday 19 July 2016, Station Yard, Hawes
©2016-2017 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.