Photo © Alan Hiley. Please do not re-post without permission.
RC9012 was an AEC Regal new to Trent in 1946 as their fleet number 746. Withdrawn in September 1960 it was converted in January 1961 to carry wheelchair passengers at the Leonard Cheshire home at Staunton Harold, near Melbourne, South Derbyshire.
The work was carried out in Trent Central Works by staff in their own time and was driven by a rota of 33 Trent drivers, again in their own time. It was used until 1971 being sold on to the NCB, it was reduced to a chassis by McPherson of Donisthorpe then passing to John Burton at Alfreton
In the foreground are a fine collection of road springs awaiting collection with Trent PD3, Tiger Cub and the rear end of a Bedford coach in the background
Photo taken by the late Stuart Ross Alan Hiley collection, mid 1960s, Meadow Road Garage, Derby
©2017-2019 Alan Hiley All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.