Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Todmorden JOC 15, YAL366, a Leyland Tiger Cub PSUC1/1 with Metro-Cammell B44F body, new to East Midland M.S. (R366) in 1958, and acquired in 1969. Passing to the Calderdale JOC it was immediately withdrawn and passed to Paton's of Renfrew, being withdrawn in 1974 and sold to breaker Dunsmore of Larkhall in 1975.
Seen here in Bacup, accompanied by PD2 18, HWY36 on the occasion of an enthusiasts' farewell tour prior to the merger of the undertaking with that of Halifax to form Calderdale JOC on 6 September 1971. The TJOC manager had retired earlier in the year and Halifax GM Geoffrey Hilditch had taken over as acting manager until the official merger. He had however already taken the step of renumbering the fleet into the Halifax system and had applied the standard black fleet numbers onto small white eliptical backgrounds, but in defiance one of the Todmorden drivers had for the occasion chalked in the original Todmorden fleet numbers whose outlines were still visible.
Photo taken by John Stringer, Sunday 25 July 1971, Bacup
©1971-2021 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.