Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
New in 1929 this Leyland TD1, UH7175, had a Leyland L24/24R body and was initially on loan as a demonstrator for eighteen months before being purchased by Cardiff in April 1931 becoming number 66. It was renumbered to 52 in 1935 and, after withdrawal in 1945, passed to Southern Vectis as number 709.
It was fitted with a new Eastern Coachworks L27/26R body in 1949 and is recorded as passing to "Automobile Engineers (dealer), Audenshaw in August 1955, for scrap" according to the Cardiff Fleet History. It actually passed to Autodrome (Engineers) Ltd., Audenshaw as a staff bus in August 1955 and was withdrawn in May 1962.
It is seen here in the East Street coach station operated by L.M.S. Coachways and the bus to its left is TK1854 another of the Autodrome vehicles.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 27 April 1958, East Street Coach Station, Manchester
©1958-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.