Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
BDL101, new as Southern Vectis 701, was one of a pair of Bristol GO5Gs with Eastern Coachworks H30/26R bodies new in 1937 and were the first Bristol vehicles to be purchased by the company. It was rebuilt in 1951 to L28/26R by Hants & Dorset Motor Services Limited with a more upright front, rubber mounted windows and sliding vents instead of half drop windows.
It was also fitted with utility-style ventilators in the upper saloon front windows. Withdrawn and sold around October 1954 it had passed to Autodrome (Engineers) Ltd., Audenshaw as a staff bus by November 1955 and was sold for scrap in January 1960. It is seen here in Manchester close to Lower Mosley Street Bus Station with TK1854 just getting into the picture.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 31 May 1958, near Lower Mosley Street Bus Station
©1958-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.