Southend's first new buses postwar were three Regent II/Massey of 1946. 236, BJN94, of this batch is in Southend High Street on route 5a to Shoebury Cambridge Hotel.
It is coming up to the bus stop just south of Whitegate Road, visible behind the bus. The trolleybus wires into Whitegate Road were used by routes 52 and 52a to Kursaal and Thorpe Bay via Seaway and the Ecko Works service 28c.
Click here for more details from the Southend fleet list pages.
Photo taken by Photographer unknown, Brian Pask collection, c. 1946/7, High Street, Southend
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.