Southend Corporation Transport Regents and Daimlers
Southend Corporation 207, JN9527, the first numerically of four AEC Regents with English Electric L27/26R bodies, new in September 1937. It lasted until 1956 when it was sold for scrap.
As delivered, it had the fleet number 157 but was renumbered the following year so that all trolleybuses had 1xx numbers and buses 2xx numbers. 207 was one of the Regents lent to Coventry Corporation during the war after the bombing raids there - click here for fleet details.
Photo taken c 1954-6, not far from the King's Head public house