Photo © Brian Pask. Please do not re-post without permission.
Southend Sunbeam/Park Royal double decker 145, BDA365, ex-Wolverhampton, on the Western Circular stands at the stop at the east end of Fairfax Drive (just opposite the Westcliff depot) on 2nd October 1954.
It will turn right here and go up Prittlewell Hill into Southend. On the right, just outside the entrance to the park, was the Priory Park turning circle, first used at Whitsun 1926, when the Prittlewell route was extended to that point. The rather elderly cottage and shop on the other side of the main road was a landmark for years, but was later replaced by a modern building.
Click here for more details from the Southend fleet list pages.
Photo taken by Brian Pask, Saturday 2 October 1954, Fairfax Drive, Southend
©1954-2017 Brian Pask All Rights Reserved.
Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.
Prints of this photo can be obtained from Essex Transport Sales, enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org (quote photo ref BP017-03).