Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Merseyside PTE (Southport District) 187, FFY404, a Leyland Titan PD2/3 with Leyland O30/26R body. New to Southport Corporation in 1947 as its 87, it was converted to open-top in 1962, and renumbered 187 in 1973, before the Corporation was swallowed up by the MPTE in April 1974. Thankfully it has survived and is nowadays part of the North West Museum of Transport's collection at St. Helens.
It is seen here whilst still in service with MPTE, on the day of the Ribble Enthusiasts' Club's 1974 Blackpool to Southport commercial vehicle rally. At the time of course the multitude of cars parked on the beach were all just peoples' everyday transport, yet today most would be collectors' items themselves.
Photo taken by John Stringer, Sunday 18 August 1974, Marine Drive, Southport
©1974-2019 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.