Photo © Chris Hough. Please do not re-post without permission.
Seen in the Edwardian town at Beamish open air museum is Sheffield 264, an open balcony car of 1907. It was given a fully enclosed top deck in 1926 and renumbered as 342 in the nineteen thirties and was finally withdrawn in 1956.
Originally preserved by the British Transport Commision it moved north to Beamish in 1973 where it operated in Gateshead livery as an open top tram until the top deck was restored in 1987. At the same time it was restored to Sheffield livery.
After a period in store awaiting further restoration at Beamish, it is now back in "service".
Photo taken by Chris Hough, Sunday 28 May 2000, Beamish Open Air Museum
©2000-2017 Chris Hough All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.