Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Sheffield Corporation 1007, 5907W, a Leyland Leopard L1 with Burlingham DP41F body, new (as 1307) in 1960.
In 1968 a service between Halifax and Sheffield was inaugurated, being jointly operated by Sheffield's by then NBC-controlled (former railway) JOC 'C' Fleet, Yorkshire Traction, Huddersfield JOC and Halifax JOC. Operating hourly via Elland, Huddersfield, Penistone and Wortley there was an X68 Limited Stop taking an hour and a half, alternating with the slow all stops 68 variant which also took in High Green and Chapeltown and took a very tedious 2hrs 11mins. Huddersfield JOC soon pulled out, and in October 1969 Sheffield Corporation took over its JOC, so by the time this photo was taken their buses were operating under the 'Sheffield Transport' name.
Photo taken by John Stringer, March 1971, Skircoat Road, Halifax
©1971-2017 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.