Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Salford driver training bus 98, BBA560, seen in Victoria Bus Station had been new as number 235 in 1940. It was one of fifteen A.E.C. O661 Regents with H26/22R bodies, 233-242 being bodied by Park Royal whilst 243-247 had English Electric bodywork. 234 and 235 were withdrawn from passenger service in 1948 and rebuilt to dual-control trainers and renumbered to 97/8 respectively.
Both were taken over by SELNEC in November 1969 although they had been out of use for some time. 234 was sold to Hartwood Finance (dealer), Barnsley in 1970 for scrap whilst 235 was sold for preservation in 1971.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 10 January 1959, Victoria Bus Station
©1959-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.