SCT'61
John Boylett Memorial Collection Part 1 - 1958

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

Southdown 966 and 968, AUF666 and AUF668, were Leyland TD3 Titans new in 1934 with Short H26/24R bodies. Both were rebodied after the war - 966 with a Beadle H28/26R in 1949 and 968 with an East Lancs H28/24R in 1947. These were from a batch 964-975 which were the first oil-engined vehicles in the fleet.
To the left is Western National OB 1400.

Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye, Sunday 15 June 1958, rear of Hyde Park Road Garage, Portsmouth

©1958-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
John Boylett Memorial Collection Part 1 - 1958 Gallery ...
View Gallery Previous Photo Next Photo
Southdown ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: sd966. Page and photo added July 2012, last changed 22 November 2012.
Cookie policy