Photo © Leslie J Cooper. Please do not re-post without permission.
Red & White SC457, SAX476, was the last of four Bristol SC4LK/ECW B35F vehicles acquired new in 1957.
The four vehicles were generally allocated as follows:- SC157 Abergavenny, SC257 Lydney, SC357 Chepstow and SC457 Coleford. When 3 further SCs were acquired in 1963 they were allocated to the same depots in the same order omitting the Chepstow one.
Here SC457 is seen at the Monmouth Bus Station/Garage sometime after the closure of the former BT&CC depot at Coleford in 1968. The Coleford - Redbrook - Monmouth route 33 was the usual haunt of these two vehicles. The back corner of another SC, which should be SC757 is seen on the left edge of the picture inside the garage shed.
Red and White never had blinds made for the SCs for this service/garage. It is noticeable that the blind fitted, which will have come from a Leyland Tiger used on the service prior to the acquisition of the SCs and which had a 12" x 30" destination display, is just marginally too large for the 11" x 30" display of the ECW body.
Photo taken by Leslie Cooper, c.1968 to 1973, Monmouth Bus Station/Depot
©1968-2022 Leslie J Cooper All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.